Sur le Chemin de Arles,Via Tolosana

Sur le Chemin de Arles,Via Tolosana
pilgrim route from Toulouse to Puente la Reina

Monday, September 20, 2010

Walking Day 20

Up and out of the Alberque by 6:45, still dark outside. Struggling to repack my backpack in the dark. Thought I lost my favorite little Pelican pen light that Jill gave me and was really upset about it. Most of the way in to Leon was along a very busy highway with blinding headlights for the first hour... And lots of places there was not even much of a shoulder to get off on. Soon that changed and it was just overpasses and suburbs of this bustling city. Of course our guide book says to take a bus into the city or ask your friends to pray for your safety. Following the yellow arrows and brass shells in the sidewalk we were inside the old walled city of Leon by 11:30.

It took us a while to find a Hostel to stay in but we found a very quiet nice one right by the Cathedral. We have been in it twice so far and plan on going in again tomorrow when the museum will be open. There is no way to describe it's beautiful stained glass windows. I doubt there are any more magnificent in the world. If you like stained glass this could be your heaven.
Getting back to the pen light, well before that, al gave me the extra card key to our room , which I proceeded to lost with in the first 20 mins in the room then later found. Then after charging my phone Al gave that back to me and I lost it for at least 10 mins, meanwhile , while looking for other "misplaced items" I found the irreplaceable penlight. All to say I'm ready for a Rest Day tomorrow. I'm usually so good about putting everything back in there place every time.... Just not today.

Sent from my iPhone
310.871.0606

No comments:

Post a Comment