Sur le Chemin de Arles,Via Tolosana

Sur le Chemin de Arles,Via Tolosana
pilgrim route from Toulouse to Puente la Reina

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rest Day #2

We slept in to 0900, waken by school kids passing our room at 0830. A lazy breakfast, then our 3rd look at the Cathedral in the morning light prior to the museo tour. Again the museo had priceless treasure of Catholic antiquity, but not as much as Burgos. As we were exiting disaster befell me. While trying to see all the wonder I missed a step and crashed to the floor in the shock that I must have broken my right ankle. JL & the docents rushed to my aide. After a few moments it was clear nothing was broken and ice was applied to my now elevated foot. 30 min later I stood. It appears now after more ice, vino, cervesa, and motrin, disaster is not today. We did tour other churches and museos, but the day has been truly a rest day. We attended the pilgrims mass at the Basilica San Isidoro and we were called forward for a pilgrim's blessing what included a special, very moving hymn. We also saw Pepe, a pilgrim now on his 20th Camino we have previously spoke of, who we last saw some 3 days ago.

Tomorrow, my pace will be slower, which will please JL.

Al reporting.....


Sent from my iPhone
310.600.0158

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Be careful. (you know... you could take another rest day... by my figuring, you're at least 10 days ahead of schedule...)

    ReplyDelete